Mt. Echo is one of the crown jewels of Cincinnati Parks. Its overlook, atop steep, wooded hillsides, features dramatic views of the City, the Ohio River and Kentucky. The park’s 84 acres have paved walking paths, hiking trails, playgrounds, picnic areas, grills, tennis courts, a baseball diamond, and two reservable shelters, including the 1928 Mt. Echo Pavilion, which is listed on the National Historic Register.
This pleasant quarter acre pocket park has a spectacular view of the City. It is located between Queens Tower, home of the Primavista Restaurant, and the Incline Public House. Olden View marks the top of the historic Price Hill Incline, which operated from 1874 till 1943. The park is named for Harry Olden, a Cincinnati industrialist and long-time president of the Boys Club.
This Cincinnati Recreation facility’s 7 acres include ball fields and basketball. It operates in conjunction with the Price Hill Recreation Center at 959 Hawthorne Avenue, and is adjacent to the Marvin Lewis Community Fund kids fitness course there.
Mayfield is two acres of fun for kids with playground equipment and a baseball diamond for all community members to enjoy. It was built in 2008 by a collaboration of the Injury Free Coalition for Kids from Cincinnati Children's Medical Center and Cincinnati Parks.
The Earth Center is a 16 acre urban nature preserve with developed trails open to the public for hiking and exploration. It is home to a remarkable variety of wildlife, including salamanders, owls, deer, raccoons, frogs, and even coyotes, living in three distinct ecosystems: a forest, a wetland, and a tallgrass prairie.
This property of the Price Hill Land Foundation is a small, restful park across Grand Avenue from Holy Family Church. It is named for Raymond G. Dandridge, a noted African-American poet, who lived nearby at 814 Chateau Avenue, which crosses West 8th Street one block east.
The sanctuary is a relaxing place to sit and enjoy nature. It is owned by the Price Hill Land Foundation.
Phillips Avenue between Considine and Hawthorne Avenues Cincinnati, OH 45205
This 15 acre park features paved walking paths, playground equipment, picnic areas, grills, and, at its south end, a surprise view of the steep local topography, the Ohio River, Kentucky and Downtown Cincinnati. Trails through the hillside woods are accessible below the overlook. In the spring, Cincinnati Parks and East Price Hill Improvement Association sponsor a nature program and egg hunt at the park.
This 30 acre Cincinnati Parks nature preserve at the end of Ross Avenue was created in 1975 through the efforts of many citizens, community organizations and institutions. Hiking is permitted and a trailhead is at the end of the fence by the Quebec Heights ball fields.
Bounded by Woodlawn, Osage, Kensington and Mansion Avenues, this is the site of East Price Hill’s first Whittier School, which burned down in 1958. Today the site is an educational park with gardens dedicated to birds and butterflies, and fruits, berries and other flora native to this region of the country. It is owned by the Price Hill Land Foundation.
At the corner of Warsaw and St. Lawrence Avenues, this new public space will be open for arts programming, neighborhood gatherings, and quiet moments of reflection. With an outdoor stage, a water feature and memorials to our veterans, it is going to be a wonderful community resource.